Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Young and the Relentless


My fish died. I thought, if I can’t look after a fish then how would I possibly be able to look after a baby? But then I thought I probably wouldn’t raise a child in a full 21 litre fish tank. And yet, I haven’t ruled it out. Aquarium parenting may be the way of the future.
I wish human young were more like lizards. They hatch, find their bearings then eventually just wiggle off into the sunny wilderness. That’s it. Sayonara. Lizards speak Japanese, of course, with the exception of water dragons. They are French. If you really listen carefully, you can hear them on the water’s edges, “Bonjour, bonjour”. Hi guys.
Ah, I admire those independent young lizards. Human babies, they aren’t going anywhere. It’s just one never ending teet suckle until your bank account runs dry.
Well, I don’t know. Why haven’t any baby boomers exploded?

No comments:

Post a Comment