Thursday, February 10, 2011

Taking Tips from a Blue-Footed Booby

I watched a show about animals mating. When was it that humans stopped mating and started having sex? People don't meet up with friends the next day and say, "You'll never guess who I mated last night?" There is no book called, 'The joy of mating'. Salt n Pepa did not sing a song called, 'Let's talk about mating'. Let me ask, though, if you've ever seen grasshoppers making love? I think I did once, and they lit a huge joint afterwards.

Each species is different and has its own ritual. The human ritual is boring, but for some reason seems to be the most complex. There should really just be 3 straight foward questions. 1. Do you want to have sex? 2. Are you drunk enough to have sex? The 3rd is more of a statement than a question. 3. Yes, you have had enough GHB to have sex. And yet, it all seems so difficult to me. Why must we find out if we have things in common when the common thing is really just that we are humans who can reproduce. Actually, some people who reproduce are very common.


Anyway, I might try the approach of the blue foot boobie next time I'm out and about. I will offer my prospective partner some lovely twigs and pebbles, lift my feet up to the sky and flail my arms about madly. Let's see if this works. At this stage I feel that the only person I will attract will be one in a security uniform, but that will do. I wonder if we'll have anything in common.....probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment