Thursday, February 10, 2011

SCAT TALKING

No



I'm down here.

I find it strange that people can say nonsensical syllables in a song but not in a conversation. Why is it acceptable to sing, 'Scooby do wop wop bwee dah' or 'Sha la la la la la la' or 'a do run run run', but not to speak these words? Ok, yeah, it's not acceptable to sing, 'a do run run run'. Barbara-Anne has alot to answer for. Like, who is called Barbara-Anne anyway?
I lose interest in a lot of conversations and for some reason silence is considered to be rude. Some of my best shared moments with people are silent. Silence is Golden, but rude. So since I find talking to people to be boring and frequently superficial I've decided to improvise with some scat talking. For example when people talk about the weather, "Isn't it hot today?"
And instead of saying, "I know, I'm not a reptile, this topic warrants no discussion what-so-ever." I say, "Shoo be doo wop cha wop", and saunter off.
My most unfavourite question is, "What have you been up to?" And since people have stopped believing me when I say that I've been huntng wabbits, I've decided to say, "Ging gang goolie goolie goolie". I might win the next election with such banter.

No comments:

Post a Comment