Friday, April 8, 2011

Why is it so hard to say Hello?

I am absolutely attrocious at saying Hello. I never really know just what to do, so many options to consider. Usually I start out with, say hi, have minimal eye contact and shuffle around them awkwardly from a 1 metre radius. The next one is the nod and hand shake, which is more of an acknowledgement of presence, but still awkward from my female perspective. I'd feel more comfortable head butting a fish as a term of endearment.
But there is one question that always hinders my approach, 'Do I hug them or do I kiss them?' Let's just say we try to avoid the genitle area. Some people just insist on the hug, even if you don't like them, or haven't even met them. For me, you have to earn the hug. And even after that, how do you hug. Do you give the half-arsed arms out but don't wrap around them hug? Or do you secretly try to squeeze them to death?
And the kiss, do you go for one cheek or two? Do you peck or snog? Probaby peck, but not like a chicken or you will peel their cheeks open.
I don't know. Please give me tips on Hellos that don't involve nose rubbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment