Saturday, August 22, 2015

Good Grief

Today I acquired a new angel, Nancy Exton, my Granny. I have other angels, some I know by name, some I don't. Those ones are called Strangels (Stranger Angels of course)
Sitting beside her hospital bed yesterday I noticed that Granny was reading a giant font book entitled 'Entertaining Angels'. Well, here we are now, entertain us, Granny. She was only a quarter of the way through so I'm not sure how entertaining she'll be. I guess she held a decent audience in the material world.

I have farewelled palliative passengers before. But where do they go on these mystery flights? And more importantly do they have a light and a whistle for attracting attention? Let's assume so, just because they're fun and they may encounter a potential Rave or Disco situation on the way.

Grieving doesn't seem to get any easier but I think I am getting better at it. Whilst a part of me feels like an enormously selfish adult baby, I do understand that it is an necessary process I need to let happen. ie The non thyroid related throat lump must be released. And it's ok to be a giant adult baby for awhile. This process is part of my humaness. But I am also more especially aware of nature's glorious impermanence. Granny's passing through this life was indeed glorious, beautiful, graceful, just like a David Attenborough special. And I am super grateful I was around just as the credits rolled. Then I pictured her lovely face instead of the roaring MGM lion.



THE END

Yes, but where did she really go? Well, I think she went everywhere all at once. Which airline does that?

Love to my Granny, (NEVER negative) Nancy Exton xx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Pete. She was lucky to have you as a granddaughter too xox

    ReplyDelete